If you have ever looked for an expert witness in a banking case, you know how important it is to get the right expert. These experts can make or break your case! While many people out there may claim to be experts, not all of them are as they appear to be.
What should you look for in a banking expert witness? Here are a few things to consider.
You do not want a newbie as your expert witness. No matter how pleasant or knowledgeable he or she may seem, this kind of witness will not carry the same weight as one who has experience. Look for someone with several years or more of experience in dealing with attorneys and the banking industry.
When selecting an expert witness, it is important to have one who is available to help you on your case from the very get go. You need this person to be onboard as soon as possible rather than waiting until the last minute.
Obviously, the more broadly your expert witness knows the industry, the better. When selecting a banking-related expert witness, try to find someone with expertise in areas such as:
* Lender liability
* Bank fraud issues
* Standard operating procedures in the banking industry
* Matters related to foreclosure and mortgage restructuring
* How debt collection works
* Details regarding a pass loan
* What is involved in reconstructive documentation
* Enabling jury members to expand their understanding of bank procedures
* How reports and document reviews are provided
* How loan risk is assessed
* Litigation support
As you can see, there is a lot more involved in finding a good banking expert witness than simply choosing the first banker you meet. Take your time and select the right expert witness. Doing so may require an initial investment in time and research, but the results will more than pay for themselves in the long-term.